are these false labor contractions?

For the past few days I've been noticing my tummy periodically tightening. I think it was actually happenining before but it's so subtle and painless that I didn't notice. It's still painless, but getting a tiny bit uncomfortable. Are those false labor contractions?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 8:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They are probably Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'm on my 5th pregnancy now and 23 weeks along and already having them myself.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• They very well could be false just keep a close feel on them :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• they are probably braxton hicks contractions. but that's how my labor started.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• They are contractions, but, no need to go to the doc or worry until they are consistent and strong and timeable. False and Braxton-Hicks is really an outdated term as any contractions are real and early labor, just not regular and active yet.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• when you wipe and it looks like you blew your nose and it was bloody ... and you have what you are describing all at the same time then get to the hospital. That is real labor.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If they are not in a regular, consistent pattern for atleast 30-45 mins, I would not worry too much.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010