I am totally angry

I know as a christian I need to give my troubles to the lord! I know he wants only the best and even when we don't understand he has a plan for us!.... BUT I am really mad! and I hate to say it's at God right now, My husband and I are going through some very difficult custody things right now involving my step daughter( she is in a bad situation) her mother is awful to her, she wants to live with us and it is such a difficult proccess, I don't see alot of hope! I would appeciate any advice from anyone who has had a similar struggle in their spiritul life?? how did u deal with your feeling, thanks!

jmlsmom

Asked by jmlsmom at 9:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's ok to be angry. Get mad, let it out, and let it go. God has a plan for this child and it may or may not be with you. Trust Him to make things work the way they need to. You can't always see the path, but if you keep moving forward you will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel and come to a better place.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• http://www.amazon.com/When-Things-Happen-Good-People/dp/1400034728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278551144&sr=1-1

It's a good  book.  It's written by a rabbi, not a Christian, but has a great section about coming to terms with God when something bad is happening to you.  It might help.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's okay to be mad at God, He has big shoulders and can bear that. It's not okay to curse him though.... We lost a daughter 2 years ago and I went through all the stages including being angry with God. I don't know why some things happen but I know it's best to believe in God's truth and trust in Him. He brings good out of every situation for those who love him.... I'm not saying everything situaion ends in a good way but he does bring good. We have had another healthy baby girl since we lost our daughter, I dont know why we had to go through losing our first daughter but I know my little girl sleeping in her room right now wouldnt be here otherwise. we are not promised an easy life but God IS there to walk us through it. continue to pray and believe that you situaton will get better
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I haven't had the particular struggle you are facing right now, but I have been mad at God. I was very angry that He allowed me to be infertile, when everyone around me was getting pregnant and not even happy about it. I stayed angry for a couple of years. It turned out that what He allowed us to go through was a blessing, because we adopted two beautiful children and I wouldn't change a thing if it meant I couldn't have them.

You are going through a hard time - give yourself a break! He is not going to give up on you because you are mad at Him. He already knows how you are feeling, anyway. It might look like He is being unresponsive, but He already knows what He is going to do. Just keep praying and asking that His will be done.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh honey, I feel your pain!!! I'm going through the SAME situation right now! The best thing that helps me get through it is that I remember that God didn't make her that way, that's Satan's influence. Stay strong for your step-daughter. God loves her too much to lead her in a bad situation. Sometimes when it seems that the evil ones are getting their way, that's just God giving them more rope to hang themselves with. Keep your faith and love for God stronger than ever and He will come through for you. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers and I really hope that everything works in your favor. It's a shame that these women bring children in the world just to treat them like pawns for money. Best of luck to you.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I deal with it by remembering it could always be worse. My 3 kids myself and dh are living in one room in a friends house. We just lost our apt. Some how I still have a positive attitude. I did every thing to save it I now realize it wasn't meant to be. So I'm on a new path of which I have no clue where it may lead, but I know it will end where I am suppose to be. So in retrospect I am home less, have two dollars in my pocket and a negative bank account. However if it weren't for this dh would not have the opportunity to start a side job I would have not met a few great new friends, found an inexpensive sitter so I can finally return to work, and have the opportunity to move into a house finally. So some times it is darkest before the dawn. Just keep your chin up and don't give in to dis-spare. Remember even though the path may have bumps it can never be fully blocked unless you give up.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• He is a big God and can take it trust me. I have been widowed, and had a stillborn. He has taken it from me plenty oof times.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's normal to get angry, even at God. Hang in there, pray to him, and you'll get through this. Best of luck! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is ok to get angry, but remember this: God will often put that nooze around your neck but he seldom tightens it, be patient and things will eventually work out. The one and only thing that has no solution is death.

Answer by older at 9:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• When I feel hopeless I just surround myself with God's words...
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3

But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Colossians 3:8

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
    Ephesians 4:31

We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
    Hebrews 6:12

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. Galatians 5:19
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010