tired of being pregnant?

i just want to hurry up and have him. i know this sounds selfish but it seems like everyone around me thats pregnant are getting induced at 39 weeks and they dont have a medical reason at all and the doctor i have wont induce unless there is a medical reason. this really stresses me out. i am 37 weeks pregnant and i asked my doctor to induce me at 39 weeks. i dont think that theres anything wrong with that. do you??

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I understand what you are feeling, I really do. I actually asked my doc the same thing. but I did have a medical issue, so he said if I got to 39 weeks, he would induce.
    I know it's hard. I do. I would just keep thinking of the sweet little reward I would hold in my arms when it was all over.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It isn't safe really, so why risk it? I never wanted mine to end before it was darn well ready. There is a reason why nature has you go into labor spontaneously when your baby is mature and releases the hormone that starts labor. Just sit back and relax.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes hun, that is wrong. first of all you could go into labor anytime so why worry about it? and secondly being induced is not fun at all and it's better for you and your baby to go into labor naturally. i know it's hard at the end (especially in the summer..... hey i had a sept. baby so i was looking like a beached whale literally all summer long!) but you just have to keep waiting until the baby is ready to come out. it might be sooner than you think
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The problem is that because the gestation period is only 40 weeks (38 from fertilization), and actual conception is so hard to pinpoint a lot of times, a baby born at 39 weeks, even though that's technically full term, might actually not be ready for birth for another 2-3 weeks, which is significant for a fetus/newborn. The only way to know when a baby is ready to be born is to wait for him to come on his own.

There's nothing wrong, though, with being tired of pregnancy. The end, especially, can take a lot out of you, and the waiting can be one of the hardest parts. But while a month is a long time in baby time, it's just a drop in the bucket of your life. But please don't be mad at your doctor for making what he deems to be the best medical decision for you and your baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• hell i dont think its wrong..notice that the ppl who have issues with it-arent prego themselves at the moment. i agree with you. im also 37 weeks-an im bout tired of it. im on my 2nd an last baby. Its harder being prego in the hot summer than it is in any other time. i had my son in the winter-an its like it flew by-an my daughter being born in the summer is dragging by...
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If the cervix isn't ready then induction will fail or you will run the risk of needing a c-section. Honestly you've made it this far another three weeks won't hurt you. You can try drinking Raspberry Leaf tea. it might bring labor on, but we all know it will happen when baby is ready. Nothing wrong with getting an induction, but your doctor is just trying to do what is best for you and the baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think that it is VERY selfish to schedule an induction or C section strictly for convenience. Pregnancy has pains and such associated with being pregnant! I went 40 weeks, 4 days with my little girl before she decided to make her appearance! I was in pain daily.. But I knew that is what was best for her. I had to be induced at 35 weeks with my son due to an abnormal heart rate, and we almost lost him. He was born dark blue! I am pregnant with my third.. and plan on carrying this child as long as possible! That is what is best for your unborn child!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• thanks ladies for your opinions. im going to try and wait it out! hopefully he will be here soon.
    amanda202010

Comment by amanda202010 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• im 38 wks 3 days and sooo over it my doc gave me the choice to induce within a week of my due date its sooo tempting but i wont induce unless im past my due date gl!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i was terrified of getting induced - thought it was wrong so i kept on ... hoping to go into labor naturally - i got to wait 5 days after my due date before i threw my hands up - really! icouldnt go into walmart because the smells f-ing killed me. now induction is not bad it is just as complicated as the birth it's self. i agree i would wait that extra week to let the baby cook... it sucks - Ohh I know. but incase ur projected is off alittle .. cooking good.

on an unrelated .. kind of i am 12 weeks on my second and LAST child lol and i am done. so sick all the time and i would love to cut to the end now lol
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010