Obsession Problems

Ever since I was a young girl there have been certain people that I zero in on and obsess about. If I wanted to be friends with someone, I'd do everything I could to be nice to them, hoping to earn their good graces. As I got older, it got worse. In high school, I'd obsess over boys I had crushes on. I'd think about them constantly. Even when it was obvious that nothing would work out, it would be hard for me to get over someone...that is until I started crushing on someone else. Currently, I'm obsessed with someone. Nothing romantic, I just really want to be like someone and I Facebook stalk them. I'm constantly comparing my life to hers, comparing our daughter's looks, wanting to dress my kid like hers, wanting to do what she does, wanting to live near her, wanting so bad to be her friend because I see her as being better than me. How do I get over this? I've had this obsession problem since childhood!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Paxil?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would seek therapy it could really help :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 9:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• seriously i think you need to talk to a psychiatrist about it

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• agree with PP
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with pp...WOW
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Not helping.
    elena_rae

Answer by elena_rae at 9:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hmm perhaps a hobby? Sewing cooking or reading . Something to take your time up. Or drugs work good too. Throw all that attention into your child.???
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It sounds to me like simply very low self-esteem. I think we all have a measure of it. It makes us think other people are better than us and that we could be better by associating with them. That's a LIE. It makes us think we have to settle for a guy who's not very nice to us because no one would ever really treat us well. LIE! It breaks down the natural barriers that keep us from making a fool out of ourselves, and when we do, we feel even worse.
    If there's one TRUTH we need to be convinced of, it is that YOU ARE OK WITHOUT THOSE OTHER PEOPLE! YOU HAVE DEEP VALUE WITHIN YOU. OTHER PEOPLE WOULD BE BENEFITED BY BEING YOUR FRIEND, BUT NO FRIENDSHIP THAT IS PRESSURED IS A VALID OR LASTING ONE.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010