Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I prove my friend is stealing my pain killers and either taking them herself, or selling them? How can I prove it?

I take hydrocodone for pancreatitis and my friend that I babysit for, is taking my pain killers and possibly selling them. When I filled my last prescription there was 14 pills missing 2 days after that. I cannot possibly take 14 in two days. I've now hidden the pills but how can I prove she's been doing this? I don't have a video camera, so what can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by tedabear at 2:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I would ask the police. It is not only illegal, but a fellony to sell drugs.

    Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • Can you possibly borrow one? If so, discreetly hide it where it would visibly show that she is taking your pills. Turn on the camcorder a few minutes before she's due to arrive, that way you don't waste battery life nor tape. Another way hide a taperecorder on you and get her to confess. At least you'll have in on tape. Good luck finding out the truth.

    Answer by Mace_4 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • Ive been in this situation before, but with my dad. i wanted to prove that he was selling my pills behind my moms back, or taking them himself. turns out he was taking them himself. ANYHOW! heres what you do. Keep them with you! and either you will notice her acting odd or you will actually get a response from her, asking where they are at. That will open up for questioning. But also take to an officer about it because they can help you find out. but they take forever so do the keeping them with you first until the cops can help you out. and it may suck doing this to your friend but you want to keep yourself and her out of trouble. right?

    Answer by ConnordrewsMom at 3:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • If your friend and or babysitter would steal your painkillers, what else might she take on you too? If she dosnt have a medical need for the pills except to get high and she is watching your child you should be very concerned. I hope you work this out.

    Answer by vbruno at 4:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • unless the baby is taking then, you have proof for yourself. tell whoever you want to know (the police?) and they will advise you. other than that, it's your word against hers.

    Answer by manna1qd at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • ask the cops and see if they can set up a camera in your home only were you keep them and see if that they will do it or go buy a little one that you can barly see and do it that way

    Answer by tigger81007 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • My friend's boyfriend did that to my friend. After they broke up, she went to see him, and placed a bottle of medication in her purse. She made sure he could see the bottle in her purse. She went to the bathroom. She came out... no signs. Guess what?... that same night he called her begging for JUST one tablet.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • I'm not sure the cops would help much because it is my word against hers, and unfortunately, without a video cam, it's tough to prove. The only thing my husband and I could think of to do was buy a lockbox which we have now so she cannot get ANY of them again. I have lost trust in her completely. All I can do is wait it out at this point.

    Answer by tedabear at 7:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • Set up a video camera where you keep the drugs. It is the only way to prove for sure what is going on. And you can use the evidence in court if needed.

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • You can rent video cameras...check out the yellow pages under rentals.

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.