Back labor or just back pain?

My back started hurting a couple of hours ago and I finally took some tylenol and it has not helped at all. I cannot get comfortable. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. I have tried laying, sitting in different positions and even standing and I cannot get comfortable no matter what I try. What else can I do? I don't want to go to the hospital if they are just going to send me home. Thanks

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be normal...baby could be face up...I'm not sure. Have you tried just calling and asking your doc or midwife?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• well time the pains if they get 5 min apart and last a minute long i would go to the doctor also try walking if you are in labor it will help progress your labor so you wont be sent home when you get to the doc. as long as you dilated enough
    phewilljon

Answer by phewilljon at 9:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• is it a constant pain or does it come in waves? it sounds like it could be labor bc that's how i felt when i was having contractions, but everyone is different so it's tough to say. you could try a heating pad on low
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• could be back labor. time them. walk. and stay hydrated.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It is a constant pain it isn't contractions. It has been hurting for almost 3 hours. I haven't been on my feet too much today. I don't know. ...
    nakoal87

Comment by nakoal87 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When in doubt call your OB/Gyn. I would rather go to the hospital and be sent home than have something else happen.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sounds like your baby may be pressing on your nerves and such.. I experienced that with my daughter from 37 weeks to 40 weeks. There was nothing the doctor could really do other than recommend Tylenol and drink fluids and relax.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010