My dog...

I am on cafemom right now, and my dog is coming out of my bathroom with tissue in his mouth? He has this habit of eating tissue and it stops his butt up to where he can't use the bathroom. Anyone know why he would like to eat tissue?

mrs2323

Asked by mrs2323 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pets

• I recommend keeping the bathroom door shut to stop him from eating it.
    maybe he likes the taste of it IDK. I've seen dogs eat really random stuff
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• keep it up where he cant reach it
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If he unrolls it and eats it, you can slow that down by squishing the roll into a flatter shape so that the roll doesn't roll. But if he is just munching away on it, all I can suggest is to keep it in a covered container so he can't get to it. I don't know why he would eat something like that.

Answer by Bmat at 9:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• buy him a dog bone?
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have know a lot of dogs that like to eat paper. I dog sat for a dog that would try to get into the trash or into the bathroom or kleenex boxes to get to the paper. Some dogs are just silly like that. I would recommend shutting doors and keeping things out of reach.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just keep playing around on cafemom, don't worry about it.

JK! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just put it up high so he can't reach it!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My one dog eats toilet paper and tissues. I have no idea why, but we just keep the bathroom door shut and the tissue up where he can't get them. We also have a trash can with a locking lid in the kitchen so he can't get the tissues or paper towels when they were thrown away.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would suggest trying to keep your dog out of the bathroom as much as possible.. Maybe ask his Vet if he has one.. I'm not sure why he'd eat that..
    ElijahsMom211

Answer by ElijahsMom211 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010