Call me anal or whatever I don't care

The neighborhood I live in is nice everyone keeps their property clean and well taken care of on the street over a lady takes care of her front yard but not the back part over her fence that's visible from my and others on the street houses. It looks like total crap with litter and overgrown everything. I know she's not handicapped or elderly bc she keeps her front yard immaculate. Should I just write her an anonymous letter or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• you could call the codes enforcement people and take care of it that way
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Unless there is an HOA with rules and regs, I say it's her property and her right to keep it that way she wants...even if it looks horrible.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I personally don't see that this woman's back yard that's fenced in is any of your business. Just be thankful she keeps up with the front lawn
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't. I do thinks that's anal of you and petty. Its her own back yard with a fence and everything and unless your neighbor has rules about keeping up with your property, what she choses to do or not do with her bushes and all that, should be no one else's concern. It'd be a different story if she was like a hoarder with tons of shit piled in her backyard, but what you described doesn't seem bad enough to me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I dont think its ur biz to tell her, ITS HER BACK YARD!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• if you feel like you need to or you can report her to the city and they will ticket her if she doesnt clean it.
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Plus she would know it was either u or the other person next to her and could stir up more drama
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree call Codes.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Do you live in an HOA?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't necessarily think it's just about being anal. Depending on where you live, it can be a health hazard to the homes around you. My husband cares for foreclosed properties for the banks, and clears lots of these yards because they're good breeding places for spiders and snakes. Yesterday he was at a place clearing 24 cubic yards of lawn debris and found a rattlesnake. He called animal control for them to deal with it, but it could have been a child or something. I mean really, how bad is it? If it's as bad as some of the stuff my husband deals with, it probably should be cleaned up. Maybe knock on her door and offer to give her a hand.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010