what are some fun tasty dinners i can do with long pasta

i have a pantry full of boxes of angel hair, spagetti, and linguini and i'm on a budget so what are some good dinner recipes i can use this long pasta for. i usually sautee some chicken and mix it in but i wanna try some new stuff. thanks

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• make lo mein.... my family always loves that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was at a wedding recently where they served long spaghetti noodles with pesto sauce. It was delicious!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• cajun chicken alfredo - dice some chicken, season with cajun seasoning, cook in pan, add a jar of alfredo, toss with the noodles

spaghetti with stuffed meatballs - make your typical meatball recipe but take some cubes of mozerella (I cut up those string cheeses LOL) and form your meatballs around them.

One I haven't tried but saw it in my recipe collection - taco spaghetti - cook some ground beef with taco seasoning. layer noodles, the meat, then your typical taco toppings of choice. Sounded interesting at least LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Cold spaghetti salad is always good. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and any other veggies you want, and use an italian dressing.

KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• make a satay sauce or asian peanut sauce cook chicken in it ,toss with angel hair and veggies of your choice with more sauce yummy.we also use tofu instead of meat at times.the sauce can be purchased also for true ease.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Aglio-olio. I hope I spelled that right. I don't have a specific recipe. Sure you could google it. But you put some olive oil in your pan. Add some tomatoes, I always use the canned diced tomatoes. Add garlic, fresh is great but the kind in the jar will work too. Sautee just a few minutes, you don't want to over cook the garlic. You can use your chicken, just cook chicken first then add it to the oil and tomatoes. Then add garlic at the very end. (You could use sun dried tomatoes, but they are pricey and you are on a budget, just thought of that, sorry). Then toss in your pasta. Add parmesean cheese to your liking.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Roast some veggies in the oven...red pepper strips, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, eggplant...drizzle them with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper garlic. You could saute them if it suits you better. Meanwhile cook and drain the pasta, keep everthing warm. Saute some garlic in olive oil. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Mix in the veggies and toss to combine. Top with some grated parmesan cheese. Yum!

Baked chili spaghetti. Basically it's the same as spaghetti only add chili powder to the bolognese sauce. (It's good with sauteed bell pepper and onions also. Pour it all into a baking dish, top with cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.

Garlic alfredo sauce with sauteed mushrooms and green peas

Simple pasta tossed with garlic, olive oil or butter, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and fresh parsley (this one is good with peas also!)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A puree of sundried tomatoes with roasted garlic and some olive oil and sea salt makes a good sauce.

And don't forget pesto! Pesto sauce, add a touch of cream, some cooked diced chicken and some chopped artichoke hearts.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Peanut noodles! Send me a message if you would like the recipe.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love pesto we use that alot. You can add chicken or vegetables too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010