Would I be RUDE???

I have to work first of all. The woman downstairs doesnt work and its summer vacation so her kids are running in and out of the house, slamming, doors playing, laughing etc. The only time they are quiet at 9:00 or 10:00 pm. is when her rude a** boyfriend has to work in the morning. I think its rude and inconciderate for her to let her kids run and act a fool on week days. when I first moved in her boyfriend said, oh were not loud after 9:00 pm. Yes they are. So if I went down stairs and asked them to stop making all that damn noise would I be RUDE??? Please help me.... I cant take it!!!!!!!!!!!

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well it depends on how you say it. i would just be nice and say i have to work.... could you guys keep down the noise after 9? i hope they will understand
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope i would def do it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That wouldn't be rude at all. Just seems inconsiderate for them to be making that noise knowing you live so close and can hear. I would say something you could always call the police and ask them to step in ask them to keep it down a bit
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hmm, well that's a tough one. I understand your situation, and it would really bother me too, but it IS summer vacation. Depending on their ages, it can be pretty impossible to keep children quiet enough in an apartment complex where neighbors don't hear them. Good luck, you could try to approach the subject nicely and see how receptive she is....
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You could ask them nicely to keep it down after a certain time, like 8pm or something, and if they are still loud, you could always call in a noise complaint, but I'm sure they'll know its you. I would also check to see what the laws are in your area about noise ordinences because I know where I live, there's nothing anyone can do about someone being loud in their own home before 9pm or after 6am.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ask them once, and then after that let the cops deal with it
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No, it wouldnt be rude, unless you say it in a rude way. Just tell her you have to work, and you are really sorry if your request inconveniences them, but you really feel that they are being too loud. Be nice about it. If she is a considerate person, she will understand.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That would not be rude at all. Hell I would probably be more rude. That is inconsiderate of the family to be making such noise at such a late hour (to me 9 is late).
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope not rude at all.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The only problem I can see is that talking to her about the noise can backfire on YOU. She could easily turn it around and start complaining about any noise YOU make (even if you think you're not making any unreasonable noise). My advice would be to let it go. It's summer vacation, the kids are up later than usual, etc. By September, things will die down a bit.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010