is it safe to take my 5 week old out. not everywhere

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would say in this heat no....
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• sure..... i assume you're not going to fry him in the heat lol. it's ok to take a baby out even earlier than 5 weeks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes it is safe. I took my son out to a few places when he was just a couple of weeks old, within reason.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure, just make sure people don't try to touch him/her, and keep them out of the heat/sun. :)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• 100% yes. mine were younger when i took them out. you will go crazy in the house all day!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What do you mean? Out side in the 100 degree heat or out to the mall. I would say out to an air conditioned place is fine. Walk or stroll through the evening as long as it is not blasting hot. A little exercise may do you both some good. I took my daughter out to the mall at three days. She is fine as far as I can tell. She is 16 and cranky. I don't think that has any thing to do with the mall visit though.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• oh damn! You mean I wasn't supposed to leave the house for over a month? ;) J/K

seriously, I took the babies to like walmart and the grocery store days after coming home! You do what you have to do! If I needed food, I went. KWIM
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• IMO it depends on where you want to take him. Outside all day in 90 degree whether, I'm gonna have to go with a no. But to the store or something would be alright. I didn't take my son into public at all until he was 3 1/2 months old though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was worried about the same thing when my DS was 5 weeks, but its perfectly fine to take them out at 5 weeks, or even sooner. I took my DS to a quick Target trip at 2 weeks. He was fine :)
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010