At what age

At what age did you start giving your kids chores?

DBabyMomma

Asked by DBabyMomma at 10:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son is 2 and can keep his room clean (put books on the shelf, put dirty clothes in the hamper, throw his blanket on his bed, put toys in the toy box). we sing the clean up song and he gets it done fast lol. my older son (5yo) can put his dishes in the dishwasher, help me do the laundry and keeps his room pretty clean without being asked. so i say 2yo
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Four, five?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well, i've helped them clean their own room sense they were old enough to walk.
    Then around age 2 and 3 i started adding other chores.
    Now they are 4 and 5 and help me with almost every chore in the house. Some of which, they can do entirely on their own.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• She's been picking up after herself since she walked at 15 months. We pay her an allowance for it now. Each year, she gets a raise and more responsibilities.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I didn't with my kids until they were 4, 6, and 9 - after I left their dad. He thought I should have been able to do it all and they shouldn't have to help.

Answer by missanc at 11:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my son has always pick up the living room with me since he learnt to walk and that was at the age of 14 months and no w that he is 14, he still picks up the living room and i added feeding the dog too.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010