Would you feel comfortable with your DH talking to an ex he didn't have kids with?

What if that ex of his was also an ex stepsister?

My husband lost his virginity to his step sister (RELAX, they didn't grow up together) and now she has found him on facebook and they spoke on the phone today. They haven't spoken to each other in years. She is married with children. I expressed that i didn't like him having that much communication with her but he's like "she was my sister" and i'm like "if you thought of her as your sister then you wouldn't have Fnck*d her". They have common siblings. His younger brother and two sisters are siblings to her.

So what do you think? Would you be okay with something like this, seeing as they DO have family in common? Or would this not be okay?

side note: I have NO FEAR at all that he will cheat. I know he will never cheat. Still doesn't make me comfortable with the situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't care really unless it turned into an all the time thing, you know long emails and phone conversations. Just because they were together once, doesn't mean he doesn't think of her as a sister now. I am still friends online with some of my exs and it's no big deal.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you trust him then all is well

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• if you have no worries about him, why does it bother you?
    She's family.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If it was occasionally just to catch up, it wouldn't be a big deal....but like you said, if he thought of her as his "sister" he wouldn't have done that stuff with her...lol The best thing to do, is try to be friends with her...if she doesn't want to befriend YOU then I would say it's a fishy situation and it would probably make me uncomfortable that he's talking to her, and she doesn't want to talk to you!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'd be a little upset but if they are family I wouldn't be too concerned. But you already said you're not worried about him cheating. I'm friends with a lot of ex-boyfriends on facebook and we talk once in a while. It's totally innocent but I know my bf would have a fit if he knew. I agree with jamesonjustines...if it becomes constant and long than I would put my foot down lol Good luck!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 10:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If it doesn't bother you why are you worried? It is an awkward situation though...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It bothers me, mostly because i think if i were to have a relationship with one of my ex's my husband would be very suspicious and displeased. And, eventually, would cause problems.

-OP
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would if I thought it was leading into more
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i would be upset too! im kinda in the same boat! they were married 2 years no kids and secretly emailing each other! talk to him if he doesnt respect ur wishes then to hell with him!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• the only time i would worry if is it turned into a talking all the time type of thing.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010