Do you still think marijuana should be illegal???

It has been shown, in many studies, (in lab animals as well as humans) to prevent the spread of or even completely cure CANCER. Here's just one of many articles: http://networkedblogs.com/5xfXw

Why in the world do people still think a potential cure for cancer should be illegal? I'd really like to know the reasoning.

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I think it should be illegal unless you have a prescription for it.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 10:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I've always though it should be legal. It's natural and way less damaging than alcohol or cigarettes and those are legal.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No I don't think it should be illegal.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I've never thought it should be illegal in the first place. There are many benefits, besides medical, to legalizing the use of cannabis. It could drastically reduce our dependence on oil, it's healthier, safer, etc etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think we'd be better off it were legal. Less drug cartels funneling money to terrorists and ruining teenagers lives and others getting caught up in dealing. It is less addictive and harmful to your health than cigarettes and alcohol. It could be regulated just like some cold medicines are at the pharmacy.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• no. I don't.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My mom is an oncology nurse and when I asked her about this she said those articles are not accurate. Also my mom is allergic to it and it closes off her airway. I would love to see it used around her when it puts her at risk for dying herself. Bleach is a potential cure for illnesses too doesn't mean you see me wanting to inject myself with it do ya? You may think that is far fetched but to me it is the same risk.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't really have an opinon either way. Soooo many people smoke pot that I don't think it'd make a difference if it was legal or not.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think it should be legalized, regulated and taxed. Instead of fighting the evils of imported drugs, let's take matters into our own hands, increase venue while decreasing border issues.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• imo cigarettes are more deadly than pot lol. i agree with jamesonjustines
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010