Does anyone live without cell phones?

DH and I have had to get rid of our cell service because we can't afford it....
A lot of people look at us like we are Amish, all because we're living without cell phones, and only have a .....oh my gosh....."LAND LINE"...lol The horror!!!!
At first it was hard, and I'm steal detoxing from my txt addiction (lol)....but we're managing! Anyone else not have cell phones???

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went without a cell for about a year it was no big deal... I really don't care about my cell phone and can live without. My husband would like me to have it on me at all times just in case of an emergancy
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I honestly don't think I could live without my cellphone, I have an extremely bad text addiction, I hardly ever talk on my phone. Most people I know just live with cellphones, I need both my landline and cellphone and computer to skype haha
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My children are at the moment. I would rather have a cell phone the a land line since it is cheaper here.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my phone was stolen 2, almost 3, weeks aggo.... and i can't afford a new phone. HA! so, yes. i'm living without one, but i'm not happy at all about it! mostly its the fact that all of my girls' pictures were on it... grrrrr. unfortunately, i still have to pay for it... because it costs too much to cancel it!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No but I had a friend who did. I felt awful when he really needed his mom to bring up clothes to the school and they couldn't get a hold of her and it was me who came and he'd pooped himself all over. She manages just fine though. It's probably more mental, the thought that we need them so badly. Good for you for taking hard steps.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't have one. My DH thinks I'm crazy, but since I'm a SAHM, and I don't go out, I told him that there was no need for me to have a cell phone. He has one, and he is on it all the time. I think they are annoying, and I can live without them. They honestly get in the way of living a normal life. If you can not go into the store and get a loaf of bread without talking on your cell, then you have a problem.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't have one! used to but it was one of the first budget cuts we made! I'm a SAHM anyways, I have a house phone in my cable/internet bundle anyways. I kind of miss it when I'm running errands and can't remember what hubby asked me to pick up or something like that but it's never been a big deal.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• amazingly a lot of people here in wv still do't have one. I have one and I don't think i could handle being without it.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Dh and I only have cells...no land line. But ours are pay as you go phones.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• To jamesonjustines: I always fear those situations....I'm 37 wks preg. tomorrow and I always wonder how i'd get ahold of my DH if I went into labor...lol
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010