Back labor or just back pain? PIOG

My back started hurting a couple of hours ago and I finally took some tylenol and it has not helped at all. I cannot get comfortable. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. I have tried laying, sitting in different positions and even standing and I cannot get comfortable no matter what I try. What else can I do? I don't want to go to the hospital if they are just going to send me home. Thanks

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it gets progressively worse or patterns like contractions, closer to together, i would go in and get it checked out. Even if it doesn't get worse it wouldn't hurt to get checked out if the pain is that bad.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• OP Its not contractions, its a constant pain.
    nakoal87

Comment by nakoal87 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Try having your dh put pressure on the back of your sacrum, like put his fist there and kind of put pressure, it alleviates the pain by interrupting that pain pathway. Sometimes it can happen with the way the baby is positioned, like if they have their head pushing against the tailbone or something. Good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my labor was all in my lower back, thought some one kick me there, went to the hospital they couldn't register my contractions, when i was in labor the whole time, turns out i wasn't drinking enough water, went in to labor early
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 6:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2010