Do any of your children welt up more than your others from bug bites?

I have one we have to keep prednisone on hand for! Poor baby!

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son. I keep benedryl and allergy cream on hand for "JIK" bites. Its not "ER" level but he gets pretty swollen from bites.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was like that as a child...and my children are like that....one of my poor boys (smaller of my twins) welts up like no other....one bite overwhelmed his WHOLE HAND...... :( I'm finding the mosquitos are SO bad this year!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I do
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My oldest DD (5) and myself both do. it's just an allergy thing. Sucks though!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My daughter had a bite on her eye lid. I took her to her ped doct. and they put her on med. for 10 days. They said this has to be treated because the eye is close to the brain. They would never use just eye drops. The crazy thing is, the eye was fine and in 2 days got bad. This did not happen right.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son is allergic to ants and mosquitos. He weezes, turns red, gets a fever, and swells with so much fluid that it oozes from the bite, and his ears drain. He sneezes, has a runny nose, and gets congested. We have an EpiPen, 3 creams, fever meds. and 2 antihistamines with us at all times. We have to have band-aids and gauze to put over the bite so it dosen't ooze on everything.

We went t the Dr. 2 weeks ago with an ant bite. His foot had doubles in size and started turning purple/black. She said it was part of his foots local reation (he had never had one there before) and the swelling streatch his skin and left wrinkles that are going away. We are never sure how bad they are going to be.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son just turned 3.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh Yeah my kids are like that big time but the doctor said it is a type of allergic reaction to bug bites!! Good Luck with yours!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010