Fever and diarrhea with 2 year molars? I can't feel anything when I press on her gums, but could it be?

Ironically, I joined a group the other day and answered a question today about how often my daughter has been sick...twice. Well, after her nap, I noticed she was pretty hot. Her temp was 102 and she had been having some loose stool today. Well, it became diarrhea, not super watery, but definitely looser than normal. I gave her Tylenol and she seemed to improve, but then it came back shortly after. She doesn't want to eat and is more lethargic than normal. She's not totally lethargic, but not running around like her normal self. She even asked me to take her to bed...poor baby. I know taking her to the ER will result in being sent home to watch her, so I will check on her hourly. I put her to bed in only a diaper and panties, and I put a sippy of ice water in there for her. Has anyone else went through this? My heart is breaking for her...but I don't know how she'd be sick otherwise..we haven't seen anyone else.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You might want to get some pedialyte pops tomorrow and give her cool baths. It sounds like a bug. If it continues on I'd bring her in. Maybe something is going around in your community. Good luck, I know how sad it is when they are so more lethargic than normal.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh, I forgot to add that a couple hours later, her temp was up to 102.5. Mind you....this is an axillary temp where they say to add 1 degree. The digital thermometer actually read 101 the first time and 101.5 the second time. Oddly enough, my daughter will be 2 at midnight....I guess her 2 year molars aren't fooling around.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have pedialyte, but haven't used it yet. I believe it will be difficult to give her, but I will certainly try.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It tastes terrible, the liquid, but my kids put up with the popsicles.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010