Obama bypassing congress? Say it isn't so!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/health/policy/07recess.html?_r=1&ref=politics

Mr. Obama decided to act because “many Republicans in Congress have made it clear in recent weeks that they were going to stall the nomination as long as they could, solely to score political points,”

Or are the Republicans in Congress acting on the requests of their constituents? What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Seems to me everyone is blaming Obama and totally forgetting that Bush wasn't all that great either!

OR they are focusing on WHO has the power NOW! :) DEMS had the FULL power of the House, Senate, and Presidency for a LONG time and didnt appoint these positions until NOW and some how NOW it's Repubs only that stand in his way....I dont think so!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't tend to follow politics too closely, but I think our current president is doing a lot of things that are really out of his scope.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 11:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree wholeheartedly with nickellmomof2. Indeed, I do not believe this president is good for our country in any way, shape, form or fashion. He is not patriotic in the least; and I believe he is the worst president in the history of our nation. I realize someone else may disagree with my answer; however, that's the beauty of America ... we are free to have our own opinions. And thank God for the men and women stationed in various other parts of the world defending the very freedoms we often take for granted.

SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

No, more like we're blaming Obama for being Bush II.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The dems had a supermajority for HOW long??? And they got what done in that time? Oh, right, spending, some more spending, and then they turned their attention to spending.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

You forgot the part where they blamed the Pubs when they went too far and even some Dems couldn't stomach voting for their spending.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Surprise ..this president is full of those..too bad it typically isn't of the good kind.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• obama does what he wents apparently, even if everyone else knows it's wrong or bad for our country!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bush and Cheney do things outside their scopes too? Seems to me everyone is blaming Obama and totally forgetting that Bush wasn't all that great either!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010