I am a 39 year old divorced mother. I am a wildlife biologist.

I'm currently dating a web designer who only talks to me about computer programming and video game design. He is a very nice guy and wants to marry me. I like this guy, but the only problem is that he has no interests besides computers. He expects me to listen to him talk about computers all day long, and memorize everything he says. I feel like I am in college again. This guy is already getting on my nerves. I am not that interested in computer games. I would like to talk to him about something else, like animals, travel, art, music, and yoga. Should I dump this guy, even if he says that he wants to marry me?

rital38

Asked by rital38 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, bc it won't work out if you guys don't have a solid friendship first.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well, what are your plans and what are his? If you both want a family, you both want to stay within the area, you both have the same goals, share the same faith, you could consider letting him court you but if yall are not going toward the same places, end it sooner than later.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If your already tired of his stories it's not going to get any better. Really don't you want to be with someone who is interested in what you are thinking about sometimes.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes and then run away! He wants you to do, and listen to what he wants to talk about, but has he taken you to a art gallery? done yoga with you, etc? I would leave now, because if you are divorced, you know you need a soild common ground to make any relationship work, and if you're fear is, he could be the last to ask me to marry, then he is sooo not the right man!
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 11:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think you need to move on. A marriage with him will never work. You won't be happy, whats the point?
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• First wow what an interesting job! I would love to do what you do. It sounds to me like you both have interesting jobs. To me that would not be an issue at all. The only issue I see is if he takes an interest in your life. If you don't feel like he does just talk to him. I am sure he wants you to be interested in his life just the same. So point out to him how you feel. I would only scratch the relationship if you come to see that he has no interest in you as a person and after speaking about it, it remains the same.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010