Should I be worrying this badly about my twins?

I have 18 year old twins who play in a metal band together. They're planning on going on tour in a month or so, but I'm worried sick about it. I know how the "rockstar" mindset is (I'm in a band as well). I know they're 18 and I know I should let them have their freedom. I just don't know if I can trust them to not do anything stupid. Should I be this worried about something that could be a great memory for them?

nyraerikson

Asked by nyraerikson at 11:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think that's just what mother's do..... in the end you do have to let them live their own lives and make their own choices, but you'll probably always be on the side lines biting your nails. Time to just guide them when they ask for it, and hope you did a great job raising them to make good decisions. Best of luck to you and them!!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Of course you're going to be worried. I'd be more worried about you if you weren't worried.

BUT, don't make a big deal of it. Let them go without making them feel bad for it. And let them learn on their own.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's hard to let go of our babies, but you need too. Not just for them but for yourself too, and yes will they do stupid stuff, probally. But trust in the mothering you've done and let them go with lots of love!
    My son quad races, and I wanna puke with every 30 foot of the ground double jumps he takes, but that is his passion, and he loves it. So check in with them, remind them of the choices out there, good or bad, have consquences, and turn them loose!
    That is your first job as a Mother, to prepare them to become people on their own.
    Ps little humor for you, Humans are the only bodies in all of nature, to allow their offspring to return home again! Really.:) Good luck Mom!
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's your prerogative to worry about them, your their mom.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Aww I feel for ya. Seems like yall have agreed to this trip and all, so you've gotta let it happen. Pray!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have 16 year old twins, a 19 and 20 year old and I think you should worry about them because we all do that! Just make sure you don't worry yourself sick! Let them go on their tour, they will have a blast and I'm sure they are good kids and they will be fine, keep in touch with them on a daily basis!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Talk to them. Talk some more. Yeah I worry about my kids. I hope you have done your job thus far. That is my hope for my self as well. So yeah I worry and I think your normal.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• By all means, worry. You are their mother, but also let them go because the best thing we can do as parents is allow our children their freedom to walk their chosen paths. If they do so successful then we as parents can hold our heads high because "we did good".
    My twins are 20 and one is actively looking for police jobs and the other will be getting married in 3 weeks. (also have 15 and 13 yr olds)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• They're 18,. They are adults. I know you are worried, but you have to let them go and learn things on their own. That is another part of being a mom.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They're of age, you can't do anything. Hopefully they have learned right from wrong from you and had a good upbringing. You can pray for them, tell them that you know they will make the right decisions, etc. Set up times to talk or text and you will have to let them go, it is hard.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 1:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010