• In the Spotlight:

Question about subsequent births? Moms please help!!

My son was induced on his due date when i went in to the hospital with irregular contractions, I will never know if he was gunna come that day, or if I'd go over my EDD. Now I'm 37 weeks with my baby girl and ok having all the signs and symptoms of labor that I never had with my son. Now, because he was induced and may very well have been over due, will I automatically carry this one til my due date or even over? Or could she come anyday? Sorry of I'm confusing, I guess im asking if the first sets the pace for the rest, if he's late will they all be, if hes early will they all be, if hes right on time will they all be? Or is every baby diffetent and comes at their own times?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first came at 40 weeks 3 days, my 2nd came at 40 weeks 1 day - so not a whole lot of difference for me (my 3rd I was induced at 38 weeks and my 4th was a schedule csection at 39 weeks, I'm 39 weeks today and have a csection planned for Friday, so it's likely I would have gone at least 40 weeks with them as well)

Answer by missanc at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Unfortunately she could come any day, in a week, in a month. I was at 3cc dilated with my son for almost the whole last month. When you see your OB next ask if you have started to dilate or efface yet. Though those really just tell you that your body is getting ready it still doesn't say when. Good luck! All three of my pregnancies and labor and deliveries were completely different.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• usually the first baby is later than the other ones, but like you're sick of hearing..... every pregnancy, labor and baby is different lol. but gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It depends on the women, but usually they can be very different. If you were having contractions on his due date that means he was ready to be born give or take a day. Sorry but there is no way to pin your exact due date down. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If this helps at all... I was induced w/ DS1 at 41 weeks, obviously he was overdue and I had no signs of labor any time soon.

The night before DS2 was due, I chased DS1 across the Walmart parking lot and it threw me into early labor... so the next day I went into full blown labor and he came on his own, on his due date.

DS3 was induced a week late... so no, every pregnancy is different and you could very well have her early (or late?) - when she's ready she will come.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My first was born the day before her due date. My second was born nine days past his due date and came just 24 hours before I was supposed to be induced. My third came 13 days past his due date and they induced me but I was not progressing. They took me off the meds and 5 hours later I was in very hard labor and had him that night. Every baby comes at their own time and their own pace. Good luck to you and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Theres no telling when your little one will make an appearance- My first pregnancy was twins so I didnt go to my due date, They were born at 36wks5days they were 6lbs3oz and 5lbs8oz, my second pregnancy delivered at 39wks1day and he was 9lbs2oz, both of those labors came on their own.. My last son however had to be induced, he was too comfortable high in the uterus and at 40wks3days he was given the boot! he was 8lbs15oz.
    good luck!
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 12:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010