does anyone have colitis? or have a kid with it?

i think my 2yo has a mild form of colitis.... i have had some success with high doses of probiotics, but is there anything else i can do for him? what kind of testing do they do?

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I'm not sure there is much you can do on your own. Just make an appt for his pediatrician and tell him. In the meantime avoid acidic foods and keep a vigilant eye open for blood in his poop!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know if they do colonoscopies on little ones...that was how they diagnosed my husband-he had to get one done. He takes a pretty hefty dose of meds each day for it.
    I hope it's something else...
    good luck :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have a family member that has colitis, they take juice plus and have had really good results. You would have to cut the childs dose in half but its just the enzymes and phytonutrients from fruits and vegetables. It comes in a little gummy for kids. Talk to your doctor before you do anything but it may be worth checking out the juice plus. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010