i really want my husband to talk to my baby

but he doesn't want to talk to my belly :( how can i encourage him to?

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i used to put the phone on speaker and hold it closer by my belly lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well, I wasn't ever in your boat, wanting this but think about it- everytime he talks to you, the baby hears him.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• when he sees the little one wiggle around in there maybe he'll change his mind. My dh always talked to my belly, and that got the babies moving.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I always laughed my butt off when my hubby tried to talk to my belly, I thought it was weird. But the baby can hear as long as you can (not counting the phone or headphones)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I just want him to know his dad's voice i feel like i bond a lot more with the baby than hubby does.
    kaydee8

Comment by kaydee8 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Get one those Bebe sounds listening devices where they can hear baby hiccup and kick and stuff. It might get him more interested in what's going on in there.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My husband used to like to read to my belly before we went to bed, and the baby used to always start moving around once he started reading to him. Once my husband got kicked in the mouth while reading, lol. I also agree w/ RyansMom001. GL to you!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• some men just dont become fathers till there little baby is born im sure he loves the baby but some men just done understand my husband will rub my belly and then work his way up and that upsets me sometimes cause im thinking hes being loving to the baby but then he becomes a pervert lol what can u do men will be men lol
    ChellaWella

Answer by ChellaWella at 11:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• aw, that's such a cute question. i love it when moms and dads get shy about their first kid, it's sooo cute!
    my husband is also kind of shy about talking to my belly. he feels like an idiot. and he's had two kids before me! but i would tell him all the time that whenever he started talking and the baby could hear him, the baby would wake up and start moving. he would get so excited about that!! now i can't fight his hands off with a bat, he loves to feel the baby move. and he'll lean over and talk to her all the time. he's very excited about this baby now. she's our first together. i would just let him know every time the baby moves, especially if he moves when he hears his daddy. place his hand on your belly, and say, He can hear you! after a while, he will get more excited. gl and congrats!!!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Trick him! Lol my husband never did it either but I would always make him spoon me in bed and then have a conversation. The baby will hear everything and feel the vibrations from his voice.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2010