how to feel in up to hosting family reunion

I no how to do it ,just tired off being the only one to put things togethr, everyone always say, you are the one that jus lke my gramma ,thats good but it shouldnt stop with me ,im jus a little portion

mrs.bw

Asked by mrs.bw at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If I don't put stuff together for my family, it doesn't happen, sadly. My dad & brother will do a trip together and not even tell me and my sister about it or whatever, but for a family holiday I do those things. I guess just start planning and cleaning for it, that gets me in the mood...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Do as little as possible. My mom and I sent out the invites and provided the paper products for eating with, beverages, one main dish and rented a room. We asked everyone to bring a dish to pass and their own alcohol if desired. We held a 50/50 raffle to defray the room rental which was $300 I think. A few people flat out gave my mom cash too towards the room and she ended up having most of it paid off and I won the raffle. :) We were glad we did it.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I soo hear you! i moved away to another state, after I was so badly burned being the only one to do holidays in my family with no help. Then I missed doing it, for my kids. So we moved back and I took another stand....
    Call everyone that is coming and have a pre planned out menu, then when you get a yes or no, to them coming, write down what they should be bringing, food, pop, etc. Gift cards to cover groceries, gas cards for pick ups etc.
    No reason cause you wanna do it, they wanna come, they cannot help out in some way!
    Good luck, and if you have kids, or just enjoy the gatherings, then remember if not you doing who will then? Cause once I moved, it sucked having a christmas with just us five!
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 11:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010