potty training?? Is this a good sign?

Today was my first day of "officially" trying to potty train my son (will be 3 in november). I took away his diapers (except for at bed time and when we cou out... for now). while at home, he was either in diapers (which he peed and pooped in) or bottom naked (where he would pee and poo in the toilet). I am thinking of hanging out around the house for a few days and letting him go bottom naked to try to get the hang of going to the bathroom.
I am excited that without diapers he would use the potty... Any words of encouragement/etc... Thank you:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's how i have potty trained both my boys and my nephew.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Lots of excitement and hand clapping and token rewards if he still needs encouragement.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That;s how I trained my son. I took a week and worked solely on that. He went sans diaper even at night and I took him every 30 minute until he had it down as routine, then, upped it to 45 and did that over and over. He was trained in 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• did you wake him up during the nights to?
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No, I stopped liquids a couple hours before bed and made him sit and try right before bed. I woke him up early to go potty. But, after all day of going, he might have had an accident or two, but, not many.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010