Placenta Previa

Hi ladies, just found out I have placenta previa and am almost 5 months pregnant. I'm so nervous! Is there any other moms that have had this and how was the outcome of the pregnancy?! Would like to hear your guys' story on it. My ob says 4 of 5 women's placenta get to normal by the time of delivery!

ProudMommyOH3

Asked by ProudMommyOH3 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my sister's did. gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thanks :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Comment by ProudMommyOH3 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Your belly will grow so much in the next few months theres a good chance things will sort themselves out.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was diagnosed at 14 weeks (bleeding), and ended up on modified bedrest for two months. My placenta didn't move, we delivered my son via emergency C-section when he was 34 weeks. After his 2-week NICU stay, he was just a normal baby (although small.) He's a crazy 2.5 yo now! :) Most women I know with this condition ended up going to term with a relatively normal pregnancy, I just wasn't as lucky. Listen to your doc, and drink lots of water! The bleeds were really scary, my DH bought a home fetal monitor for me which helped me a lot.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• momma shuler-Thanks sweetie, and that is what we are hoping for! Thanks for the positivity! :)
    Scuba-I bet it was scary, although I haven't had the bleeding yet, thank God! Glad everything turned out well for you and your little man! :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Comment by ProudMommyOH3 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010