What is smoking music???

Okay...I know what it is...it's music you listen to...while smoking...or high...but I'm supposed to write an article about it and it must be at least 400 words. So could someone please explain the reasons so many people enjoy music while smoking or something? I don't smoke anything, so I don't know...and "Music you enjoy while smoking weed" isn't enough to actually get paid. Thanks! Any ideas are helpful.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't smoke either but I think of like a jazz club and smoking from terms like a smoky club, etc. I guess it's just a relaxed laid back kind of mood. I am thinking of the movie the Cotton Club, I don't know if that would help at all.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I could do a paragraph on "setting the mood" or something. Thanks! That should eat up at least 100 words-ish
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yeah and also I was thinking they used to call the designated place to smoke, a Smokers Lounge which would indicate smoking is something you do to lounge and relax carefree.

What subject / class is this? Sounds interesting!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL. I actually write for a living and choose from topics to write articles on for this one website...and this was one of the topics I got to do today. hehe.
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Music is used to set the mood; pot effects people in different ways and in my experience your surroundings - everything from the layout of the room, and the people you're with can factor into the kind of high you have. Good music, or rather music that gets you into a specific mood can play a major part in how the high effects you.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If the article is supposed to be about listening to music while smoking pot, I would touch on the fact that when you're high, music can become almost "spiritual". For many people, it takes on a deeper meaning when high, both the rhythms and melodies as well as lyrics. Some music is almost universally accepted as being a real "high" experience--think Pink Floyd, or the Grateful Dead. It really can take you to a whole 'nother place when you're flying. Mellow, slower music with lyrics wide open to interpretation are particularly good if you're stoned.
    BTW, although I do speak from experience, it's been many, many years since I toked up.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010