To the C-section Mama's

Ok, so I had a C-Section 3 years ago...and since, I have been struggling to lose the "kangaroo pouch" belly flab. It seems so hard to lose that or even really, tighten that area...and whenever I do try...it gives me all the odd pains...Im not sure if im just pulling a muscle..or maybe working it too hard...but its really uncomfortable to continue the workout when it hurts..So I was curious how many other mamas deal with this too? Or if you have lost the belly flab, how did you do it?? And how long did it take? I really would like to slim it up but I just am not sure on exactly how to go about it lol. Any input would be great. Thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, my last one was about 22 years ago. I've always had that scar, but until recently I had no belly. Short of a tummy tuck, there really is no way to tone that area. The Dr. told me the greatest amount of tummy tucks were performed due to c-sections.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I thinkit depends on if you were cut up and down or side to side
    Every mom I know has had their c section side to side and went back to a normal size...me however had a c section from north to south, up and down...5 yrs later it still looks like I'm pregnant!!!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I haven't had any flab issues, I would think that would have more to do with the skin stretching too much and/or weight gain. I did have pain around the scar when doing ab work for about 18 months but it finally went away... I just kept doing abs work through the pain, I did a pilates class once a week and some weighted ab stuff once a week. My pilates instructor told me that she still had pain around her scar when doing abs and it had been 5 years for her, so I guess I'm lucky that mine went away after a year and a half!

If you don't want to do a tummy tuck, and I don't blame you! Then you could try other things to tighten the skin in that area, laser treatments or something?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh thank you thank you for asking!! I just had one a year ago and am SOOOOO Frustrated!!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I thought the North to south were considered malpractice?
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not sure. I still a little pouch. It's not as bad as it was, but I've had 2 c-sections and a surgery through the same scar for endometriosis. I have no recommendations, but would like some. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had a lot of success with Pilates--it worked my abs and tightened me up, but I haven't felt any pain from those exercises. I don't have a perfect flat tummy, there is still a little pooch, but I think it's pretty good considering I carried an 8 and a half pound baby, and all the weight I gained :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I didn't have a problem with flab after my first csection - hoping I don't have that problem after my 2nd csection tomorrow!!

Answer by missanc at 3:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010