Anyone have any good work from home ideas to help bring in extra income?

Im looking for things such as stuffing envelopes or assembling items. Even doing surveys that actually pay. Thanks!

renee12180523

Asked by renee12180523 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, I have a list of ideas and opportunities in my Blog, Mavi's Home Work. That link is on my home page here at Cafemom. I list things I hear about on the internet, as well as ideas of my own making. Did you know that you can actually start your own answering service, mystery shopping service, errand service, etc. It's very easy and you could be up and running by tomorrow. Also, eBay is always a good idea. You can start with stuff you have laying around the house and see how it goes. It does take time to get your prices, listings and pictures where you want them. Good luck!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have been a stay-at-home mom for 16 years and the only thing that I have ever been able to find to supplement my income was babysititng other children. If you have the room and patience to do this it can be a good income. Good Luck!
    sprmomof3sprkds

Answer by sprmomof3sprkds at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• with regards to the original ideas... ive not found one that isnt a scam or that actually works. I have a few ideas though... how about taking up sewing/ bow making, that is really big right now... or photography, you never know what you may be good at or the need there is for an affordable service to capture all those memories... how about a baking/ catering service, babysitting/day care, writing, a cleaning service, wedding planner/cordinator, landscaping/ gardening service, pet care service,
    cerissalaine

Answer by cerissalaine at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A friend of mine would do rural paper deliveries for extra income. She would just put the baby in the car with her and it only took an hour or so. She delivered for the local paper so she didn't have to start until about 3 in the afternoon.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i meant with the stuffing envelopes...etc
    cerissalaine

Answer by cerissalaine at 12:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I personally do surveys. No they won't make you rich and they don't pay a ton per month, BUT I use surveyspot.com, opinionoutpost.com and lightspeedpanel.com. I have been paid by all 3 and got $15 this week from lightspeed panel and have $18 I can cash out from opinion outpost at any time but am trying to save up. I know there are a lot of other sites you can make money from but so far those are the ones I make the most from. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes, tons of ideas! check out homecareersuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I put my 4 kids through college doing direct sales from home. Years ago I did home parties but now I use the computer instead and never leave my home. There are lots of companies willing to pay you to promote their products. Just make sure they have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. Go for it!
    homebizcoach

Answer by homebizcoach at 12:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There are so many scams out there I know that it is hard. I myself have been looking for work at home but sent endless hours finding nothing but scams! I just started up with a company called LaBella baskets! I am really exited about it. Mabie its something you would like to cheak out too! If so my site is www.mylabellabaskets.com/candicel.html
    for more info you can contact me here at cafemom or at luv_my_chubalub@yahoo.com
    you wont regret it
    Good luck and BE CAREFUL! the scamers are everywhere
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010