Do you use a bookmark or doggie ear your pages?

I doggie ear the pages. I know it's not good for the pages, but I always lose my bookmarks.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do both.
    I dog-ear the pages I want to go back to if there is some information I want to look up.
    I also write words on the last page of my books that I want to look up in the dictionary. I'll come across words that I don't know the meaning to, or names of people I find interesting, and write them on the last page. As soon as I get the chance, I look up meanings to the words and refer back to the dog-eared pages to re-read that section so I can better understand what was being said if I couldn't glean its understanding the first time.
    I'm an "active" reader. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Depends on the book, if it's an expensive novel I use a book mark. If it's just something that caught my eye in the grocery store it doesn't usually cost more than $4 and I have no problem folding the pages.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A bookmark. It must be my OCD that makes me want to keep books in perfect condition.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A little doggie ear. 90% of the books I read nowadays are library books. I've checked out books and found all sorts of interesting ways to mark a page.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I buy most books from the goodwill or yard sales. So I dog ear most, but my nice books that I actually buy at a bookstore, definitely bookmark.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• depends..usually i use a book mark, just cuz i find it easier..but..at the same time, my daughter likes to take the bookmarks out..lol..soooooo..then im reallly lost
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't dog ear for the most part, but I don't have actual bookmarks either. I generally just use whatever's around, a piece of paper, paperclip, whatever.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I dog ear them, unless it's a library book. I got a Kindle for Christmas though, so I haven't read a traditional book since then (and it always remembers my page!) :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• doggie ear.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2010