• In the Spotlight:

Funniest thing your child has said over the years?

For example: Xmas time right after the movie Polar Express came out, we went to Ryans to eat. Well, I got dd (who was about 3 1/2) a plate with potatoes, carrots, ham, etc. All I wanted her to do was eat her food and not complain or protest (even though I knew in the back of my mind, that wasn't going to happen!). Well, potatoes....no problem. Ham.....no problem. Carrots....PROBLEM. I tried so hard to get her to take a bite, usually she loved them. After trying to bribe her to eat, I said, 'Abra, eat the carrots or no movie when we get home'. At the top of her lungs she screams out, "BUT, I'M NOT AN ANIMAL!" She had seen animals in movies and at the zoo being fed carrots. Needless to say, she won that battle!!!

What silly things have your kiddos said over the years?

josie_mommyof2

Asked by josie_mommyof2 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• My 3 yr old said, standing in his new kiddie pool with a foutain spout off a dolphin, when asked what he was doing, because he was keeping his butt on the spout,
    " I'm cooling my ass"
    Cause his dad had said it when I asked him why he bought the pool home. Funniest thing ever,he took it literally!
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 12:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I worked at an after school program. One day the tattle tale of the class came up full of excitement to tell me something. He said "Miss Rebekah!! Jake just said the "Y" word." I looked at him puzzled....I had never heard of a bad "y" word before. I said " what's the Y word Tanner?" I could tell he was scared to repeat it so I told him he could whisper it in my ear and I wouldn't get mad. He leaned up and whispered "weiner..." .
    I laughed so hard....
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• when my daughters were 3 and 4 we would watch House all the time. The younger one said she wanted to be a doctor when she grows up. I turned to the older one and ased if she wanted to be a doctor when she got big to. With out missing a beat she said nope i'm going to marry one.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's not so much as funny but 3 months ago I left my car keys in the car. Had to call hubby to bring other set. Every since then my 10 year old ask me everytime we go some where you have the keys. If we get out of the car from somewhere. Do u have your keys. Every single time.
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Overheard my 3 year old give warning to my 4 year old "You better not touch that (the chair) or you might get bees in your butt" How a chair gives you bees in your butt I don't know, but these lovely comments make my day lol This one isn't something they said but I woke up the girls two days ago to find my 4 year old in my panty hose and infant onesie shirt (flap open) and bunny ears, with this proud look of accomplishment, I let her wear it all day because it made me laugh everytime I looked at her (& we went going anywear) Throughout the day this ensemble aquired a headband worn at the forehead, a sequined purse, and hot pink glasses applied upsidown.. I love my babies! lol
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010