What's your favorite holiday? And why?

I like Christmas not just for the presents but for being surrended of my precious family..
And to remind us that Christmas is not about us bur Jesus...

Kajandra

Asked by Kajandra at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• I have always loved everything about Halloween and now our daughter is due October 31st!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• El Dia De Los Muertos. Our community has a block party every year for this, and I love it. I love the art work, the food, the honoring of loved one's passed. It's not a part of our specific familial culture, but I love the celebrations!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• thanksgiving. i get to be surrounded by family and great food without the pressure of buying and exchanging gifts.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i say christmas to, just because thats when the whooole family is together, and i love that!! it doesnt happen any other time, except christmas...and this year were gonna be missing my sis, niece/nephew..so im sad about that, on the other hand, my sis in law is pregnant, and is due christmas day!! sooooo..it will be an exciting christmas!! i cant wait!! im still sad my sis wont be here tho :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thanksgiving. It's the one big holiday that isn't full of pressure from the extended family for us to 'come home' because there's really just not enough time to make the round trip. So it's just us, and that's nice. Don't get me wrong -- I love my family, but it's good to not have the stress of traveling during a holiday to deal with. Plus l love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. It's fun to do with the kids. The whole weekend is ours, and we have several little traditions that have evolved over the years. I love it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have 2: Christmas and 4th of July. Christmas because of the family, the food, and giving. Everyone seems to be in a better mood around Christmas.

4th of July b/c I LOVE fireworks! I think there's nothing more romantic than snuggling with my Hubby on a blanket and watching fireworks. Of course, now there's not much snuggling b/c we have LO's to chase after, but it's still romantic. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i say chrstmas too because peoples attitudes are more happier getting ready to put the love under the tree and on the table and its in winter I realy love wnter also because it is the celebration of christ.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• CHRISTMAS SOMETHING MAGICAL ABOUT IT FAIRYTALE LIKE NOT LIKE WHEN UR ALL GROWN UP AND U HAVE TO TAKE LIFE SERIOUS
    Grimes1stbaby

Answer by Grimes1stbaby at 12:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love Christmas!!!! Absolutely EVERYTHING about Christmas!!! All the way down to the not so nice people in the stores!!!
    josie_mommyof2

Answer by josie_mommyof2 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love Halloween because it's just fun with my kids. No holiday stress, no family pressure, none of that. Just a good time with my kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010