What would you have done if you were dating a web designer who has no other interests besides computers?

I am a 39 year old divorced mother and a wildlife biologist. I am currently dating a guy who talks to me about computers all day long, and expects me to memorize everything he says. I would like to talk to him about something else, like animals, travel, art, music, and yoga. Whenever I try to change the topic of conversation, he gets angry at me and calls me stupid.

rital38

Asked by rital38 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What an ass! I really don't have anything to add to that, but I know that if ANY adult that was engaged in any relationship called me "stupid" because I changed the subject, that person would probably not be around much longer in my life. Sounds like he has little to no respect for the things that you find interesting.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, that is a little harsh. A relationship has to be 50/50. You listen to him and he listens to you. By him calling you stupid, I am afraid he has already failed my relationship test. That's a sure sign that verbal abuse probably comes easy to him. I would probably run. That's not a good way to start a dating relationship, let alone one that has marriage potential.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He's a jerk. Why waste your time with him? What drove you to decide to date him in the first place?
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think I'd find a new boyfriend sweetie! If he has no interest in anything you actually like, then what's the point. KWIM?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He sounds like a jerk. I couldn't date someone whose only interest is computers, especially since I have like NO interest in computers. And if anyone I was dating called me stupid I would be done with him right then!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Seriously? Leave him. He calls you STUPID. You can do better. What are you going to do when he hits you the first time?
    Gecko85

Answer by Gecko85 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He sounds like he may have Asperger's. Dump him anyway.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd be bored to death, as well as offended that I was being called stupid beause I don't share the same interests. I'd find another boyfriend, maybe someone in the same field as yourself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If he's calling you stupid, you don't need to be with him.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010