Who is your favorite author, your favorite work of theirs and what genre is it?

I go through fazes, but I'm pretty much a book a day person and am always looking for new books. Amy's used books in Amherst is where I usually pick up my books and since my baby is often sleeping in the car, I will pop my head in the door and name some authors and the fellow will go and get them for me. I need some more names :)

livewell

Asked by livewell at 12:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• While I was pregnant and when Kenzie was really young I was obsessed with James Patterson. I read every Alex Cross book he wrote. I read his other books but I still found myself re-reading the same books. I haven't had anytime to read anything other than stuff for school for the last year but I wish I had time to escape.

ShaunaYve

Answer by ShaunaYve at 12:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Danielle Steel is an amazing author. About anything she writes is going to be great. And she writes about EVERYTHING. lol.

I also like Nicholas Sparks. But he's kind of a mushy-gushy type author. If you're into that (and I am) he's great.:-)

Of course, Stephen King is going to be mentioned. Who can forget him?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sun Tzu The art of war the genre instructional.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love Ann Rule the stranger beside me. The story of Ted Bundy she also did small sacrafices the story about the mom who tried to kill hr kids and alsl in a childs name the story about a man who kills his wife. all true crime sorry.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 1:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I used to be a huge danielle steel fan but after years of reading them and beign caught up to where i had read everything she had it got old.

Now my favs are laurell k hamiton, sherrilyn kenyon, charlaine harris (before true blood the tv show came out) anything paranormal is pretty much up my alley unless it involves sparkly teen vampires lol. I also love phillpa gregory for her historical stories, the amoutn of research she does is amazing and she tries to keep it as close to accurate as possible while still giving it her own twist.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my favorite author is V.C. Andrews. The earlier stuff. I was 12 when i first read one of her books. The Landry series of hers were my favorite, i started reading that when i was 14. I have read every book she (and her ghost writer) has written.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, my all time favorites are Jane Austen and John Steinbeck.
    But as far as my favorite right now....Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files and Charlaine Harris.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love Nora Roberts. She is a great author with alot of books. She draws you into the story. Very good!
    sweet2bmom

Answer by sweet2bmom at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Stephen King, The Dark Tower Series, horror/thriller ... the thing I like about the Dark Tower is that it ties so many of his books together.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love James Patterson and Charlaine Harris - I've read all of their books. Right now I am reading Janet Evanovich - the Stephanie Plum series. Lighthearted and funny, yet has some good twists. Good summer reads.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010