Bf's family

my bf and I have been together for 3 years. I'm currently pregnant with out first child. I'm 25 years old in school and I have a steady job. The problem is his family doesn't want anything to do with our child it's a girl. His mother has told me she wants nothing to do with our baby her GRANDCHILD!!!! I never knew this woman to be so horrible I've never really had a relationship with her. But I thought she would want to be involved in her grandchilds life. Apparently not it hurt my feelings at first but I'm over it. I just don't understand how a woman who goes to church can be so mean and hateful towards me. I've never done anything to her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Just brush it off. Maybe she'll change her opinion when she sees that beautiful baby. But if not, it's her loss. And BTW, not all people who go to church are nice people. Some go for the social status.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am sorry you are going through this during your pregnancy, it may be hard. What is the reason she doesn't want anything to do with the baby? You know a baby is a miracle an amazing creation, she may change her mind about the baby once she is, if she didn't want anything to do with you for whatever reason that is her choice but I think it's wrong about not having anything to do with her grandchild, I hope once the baby is here you all can work on that relationship, at least the one she should be having with the baby...GL!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My husband's mother has never met our children either. It was her choice to abandon her own sons and it's her choice to not see her grandchildren. It's not the kids that are missing out though. Best wishes to you!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I
    thefox

Answer by thefox at 12:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• she is the one missing out, as long as your dd has you and your bf, she will be fine
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thank you all for your lovely comments and quick feedback. I'm not sure why she doesn't want anything to do with our baby. When I spoke with her the one time about the baby she asked me why I was calling her? And what did she have to do with it? Basically she accused me of getting pregnant on purpose. I was extremely upset b/c she just passed judegment on me that quickly. Another thing that bothers me is that my bf doesn't seem to care @ all nor did he try to stick up for me when she spoke to me in thaat manner. I know my baby is a blessing and I'm going to be the best mom I can be. I just don't understand the ignorance of some people
    Andrea284

Answer by Andrea284 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my baby girl's other grandma was like that at first too.. she told my ex that lily wouldnt be allowed at her house and that she didnt want anything to do with her.. let's just say she came to her senses, my daughter is the only grandbaby and is spoiled rotten.. she may say this now, but maybe she will change her mind.. if not, you and your baby dont need the negativity in your lives
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Have you asked her what her reasons are? If she has treated you well up to this point, then I would assume there is a reason why she has suddenly changed on you. I would calmly go to her and ask for her thinking on this matter. Someone else could be stirring the pot, so to speak, and I would want to know that. And, one other thing you might consider is that she may have a problem with the fact that her grandchild is being born outside the bonds of marriage. As a mother and a grandmother, I can tell you that I would not be proud of that. I believe I could love the child, but I also believe I would have a hard time being excited about the circumstances. That very well may be where this woman is coming from.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We never had relationship we just said hi and bye to one another. Since I've been with my bf we've had two conversations at the most. I never thought she liked me but I never thought she hated me to the point of being so rude to me. As far as her not liking the fact that we're having a child outside of wedlock, she needs to speak to her son about that. I would love to get married before my child gets her but he's not ready. You can't make someone do something they don't want to do. I'm not asking her to support my child finacially in anyway that's what I'm here for. I just want her to be a grandmother to her only grandchild. If she chooses not to be then that's her lost. I agree with sunshine it's her lost not mines.
    Andrea284

Answer by Andrea284 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• also sorry this is so long but I have tried to speak with her but she refuses. If she won't even talk to me there's nothing more I can do it just upsets me that it has to be this way. I want my child to have the best, but I can only do so much.
    Andrea284

Answer by Andrea284 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010