What a great sweet treat for teens in the summertime, that is not exra calories?

Need help, got teens here all the time, and they eat all our ice cream, cookies, just plain old junk food! I a wondering if anyone knows of a sub- sweet, something cold but not fattening maybe? Frozen fruits? Help

MikkiB

Asked by MikkiB at 12:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been there and all i can say is get rid of the junk food and keep around fruit, watermelon slices or grapes by the bowlfull....keep a bowl of fruit on the table or microwave popcorn
    eating fresh is cheaper then eating junk from a bag
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love to freeze apple slices!! Yummm.. I wanna do that now. Haven't for a few years!! Or frozen yogurt?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i was also gonna say watermelon
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Frozen grapes are great. You can also make your own popsicles from 100% juice.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• you could try fruits like grapes, watermelon or cantalope something you can clean and put in the fridge so all they have to do is grab it. I know when I was younger I liked fruit but hated having to cut it up or clean it before i could eat it, it was just easier to grab a twinkie.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We like to take 1/2 of a banana and put a popsicle stick through the end of it. Then, spread peanut butter all around the outside of the banana and roll it in a plate of rice crispies. Freeze for 1-2 hours after that. Yummy!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was gonna suggest frozen yogurt. As always, a day late and a dollar short. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Natural popsicles. My parents always kept popcorn in the house and told us to make that with our friends so we didn't eat everything else. And have dipping veggies and ranch prepared. They may say they don't want it but when they have it right infront of them they'll eat it.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Watermelon... or other fruits are always good! I also love chocolate dipped frozen bananas! You can buy them at Trader Joes, not calorie free or anything but not too bad for you either :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Frozen grapes or bananas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010