What do you think the down vote option should be used for?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it shouldn't exist in the first place. Both votes do nothing but encourage the same mob mentality that made so many people give up on journals.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• rude, nasty, mean comments. If the answer is attackign someone then it should be used. If it is just a difference of opinion in a respectful manner that is not a reason to use the down vote.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Whatever we feel like. We only get so many and can only vote once per answer, so, whatever. You vote up if you like it and down if you don't. Not just because it's rude.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• IMO, only direct attacks. I don;t think it should be used for differing opinions. How boring would Cafemom be if there were no differing opinions? lol
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The down vote should be used for any comment thats attacking, harrassing or being outright mean to the OP or another mom.

I agree with renea20 and 3_ring_circus about the difference of opinion. Theres nothing wrong with another mom having a different opinion than you as long as shes not mean or nasty about it. The world would be completely boring if we all agreed and did the same things the same way. Its one thing to disagree in a nice way and another to disagree and be mean about it.

I feel really bad for the moms who've gotten down votes and their comment wasnt mean or rude at all.

With that said, Ive had the downvote option unlocked for a while but I haven't used it yet because I haven't found anything yet that should get a downvote.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Anything rude, mean, nasty
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ive never really used it (except for once when I actually meant to click the + and accidentally clicked the -, lol) But I would probably only use it if I felt like the person was just being rude or arrogant rather than helpful..?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never used it, I figure all views have the possibility of being valid, so what's the point?
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• User's discretion. If an answer is in blatant violation of TOS we still have the report button. You really can't tell people what to use it for and you can't force them to use it according to your standards.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• "only rude ,degrading type answers.Not a simple difference of opinion."
    ____

There is the rub... Sometimes, the "simple difference of opinion" is considered rude and degrading.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010