What should my central-air temp. be set on for our home with 7 week baby?

my husband is always turning the central air way down...to me its cold...i'm cold so i think my baby is also. I'm always going behind him turning it from 66 degrees (sometimes he has it on) back up to 72 -74 at least. Last week my daughter i took baby to her Dr. because of stuffy nose and a dry cough. Dr. said she not conjested..it's upper respiratory...use a vaporizor or humidifier. 1 week later at times she sounds a little stuffier...HUSBAND still turning air down...HELP

cdesersa

Asked by cdesersa at 1:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hasn't your husband heard of saving energy? We keep ours set at 80 or higher. This would be a good temp for a baby and you could keep the baby in a diaper and t-shirt or onsie. Using a vaporizer or humidifier can make respiratory infections or allergies worse in kids. You might want to do more reading before you use one.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Whatever temp is right for you will be right for baby. Now if you notice baby is sweaty then baby might be keeping temp with hubby. You might have to put more clothes on then. Baby is probably sick bc you can't agree on a set temp. Atleast that's what I noticed when me and my mil had that issue with my first born and she was living with us. Everytime I turned around she was messing with my thermostat lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I would think 72-74 would be perfect... and it's saving you money :) I like our place at 72 year round!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Gads, that is too cold! Are you keeping her in jammies and a swaddle blanket? Also keep her away from a draft or direct vent and tell hubby to go naked. ;)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010