Terrible threes?

Umm terrible twos ? NO threes have to be MUCH worse! I do not know what to do with my 3 almost 4 year old sometimes. She will scream, yell and throw fits if she does not get what she wants. She will also say things like "I dont like mommy, mean mommy" Please tell me I am not the only one! What type of issues are you having with your 3 or 4year old if any?

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 1:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• never had any issues with my kids at age 2 it was always age 3 that was scary lol, I think the terrible twos is a huge myth lol, I think that you hit age 2 and thingk people are crazy for saying its bad then you hit age 3 and think holy cow why didnt anyone warn me about this? Someone probably thought it was funny to tell you age 2 was bad so that when it wasnt you relaxed and then age 3 hits you upside the head and you freak lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ugh... I keep hearing this! Everyone tells me it's not the 2's I have to worry about it's the 3's! DD is 2 now.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The 2's were fine. The 3's were the worst. Our son is almost 12 now, and has always been a pretty good kid. However, that 3rd year had some trying times!
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ugg I have three girls a 13 yo a 3 yo and a 8 month old. The twos were a breeze but dang I am in tears at times with my 3yo
    sew4fun

Comment by sew4fun (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 3 was nothing compared to 7 with my oldest DD! Holy smart mouth batman!

My mom says kids are "terrible" until they're 18 and out of the house :P
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 3's were worse with my kids too...I kept asking what is up with saying terrible 2's?!?!?!!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son has started sending me to my room when he's upset with me (where does he get this stuff....oh, yeah....), or sending me to "Time Out, Mom! 1, 2, 3...10!" I giggle because I do count to 3 when I've asked him to do something and on 3, he's in his room until he's in a better mood. LOL! It's great that he's learning, but yes, 3 has been much harder than 2 for us.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Everyone I know agrees that threes are much worse than twos!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Three has been horrible, and I've had my own issues with DD. Her sister did this, but not to this extent. Goodness....I've made sure I'm being consistent and following though with my threats. Lately she's been yelling, I keep telling her to stop yelling, finally told her last night that she wasn't getting anything until she was calm..well, that made it worse..LOL, but after a time, she was over it and asked nicely. IDK. Two's were a breeze!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 3:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Hunny your experiencing the terrifying 3's worse then then terrible 2's my dd is going through this too she's got such an attitude its not funny. Just ignore the fits and she'll stop

bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 11:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010