Does your 8 month old still wake durring the night ?

If so how many times? My lil one will wake at least every three hours! and this started nearly a month ago. Just out of the blue she quit sleeping 6-8 hours straight and started waking every2-3 hours and staying up for at least 30 mins. Sometimes she wants to nurse and sometimes she just wants to be held. Anyone else dealing with this sleeping (or sleepless) situation? Any ideas on what can be done to get her back to sleeping all night ?

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 2:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for children to wake and nurse at night until they are 3 years or older. My three children all did.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son woke up 2 times a night til he was about 13months
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Five hours is considered a sleep through. The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterens don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• She's probably teething.. she's still a baby and, you're still going to have to wake up to take care of her needs.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Baby may be teething, and/or going through a big developmental shift (like starting to crawl or stand). My 12 mo old still wakes during the night to nurse. I find it easiest to keep her in bed with me so I can meet her needs and still get plenty of sleep.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010