My FIL is a complete ASSHOLE!

Do you like your FIL? What's the biggest thing he has pissed you off about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• UGH don't get me started LOL He is an ex con who has a drug problem came to live with us to get better did drugs had to kick him out and so on and so on. You see where this going right.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 2:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Never met the man, and never will. He physically abused my DH, BIL, MIL, and sexually abused my little SIL who has CP. He's a drug addict, alcoholic, and we've been told wanted by the FBI. If we knew where he was, i'd be happy to turn the bastard in.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL how long do you have? CAuse i have stories that could last all night lol. For the most part after 15 years he has gotten better but he still does little things to annoy the crap out of me. I think the biggest thing was when he called me and asked me not to attend my SIL's high school graduation, I had never met my in laws in person and was 3 months pregnant. he said " you would be more comfortable if you didnt come here" as years have passed he has gotten somewhat better but he still has moments that drive me insane. The only other really bad one was when he started yelling about witches in front of my then 2 y/o saying things like they kill children for sacrifices ugh yup thats backwoods edumacation for you. My kids and I have learned to tune out the inlaws for the most part.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love mine. He is really someone I try to emulate. He has never had an enemy. He is not easily offended and is always cheerful and things just roll off his back. He is so different from my family, that is always angry and looking for things to be offended by. YAY RICK!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sorry you are having a hard time with yours.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My FIL is quiet. He just does his own thing and isn't really active in his grandchildren's lives, but it's all good. I've never had an issue with him. It's just the way he is.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Mine can be nice, then again he can be horrid. Very religous, and needless to say Im not what he wants in or around. And he is a horrible parent, but he's ok with my kid so far.. Watching and wait. Sorry to all of those who have incrediby sucky ones.....
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• DONT WANT TO MAKE ANY BODY MAD BUT SOME OF YALL NEED TO GO TO JERRY SPRINGER SHOW ! L.O.L ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 3:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love my FIL. My only issue his dog. I love animals, but this dog hates children and has tried to attack dd before for no reason. He has a pen to lock her in, and with her history, I feel that it's not too much to request the dog be pinned up when we visit. We're never there longer than 2 hours, so it really shouldn't be this big of a deal... but he just doesn't get it. The dog jumps up to try and bite dd's legs even when I'm holding her & he thinks the appropriate response is to just keep telling the dog no and try to scare her away with his hat.
    We finally had to tell him no more visits unless he agrees to pen her up, but the last time he just waited til we went inside and ran out to set the dog free. Apparently dd wasn't allowed to go back outside and could fend for herself on the walk back to the car? I just don't get this guy, he begs for us to visit and loves dd to death, but my childs safety comes first.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, my FIL lives in Germany. I've never met him. However, I did talk to him once (before his phone number quit working again). He was drunk off his ass going on about how he doesn't want his kids to ahte him because he left MIL and went back to Germany (did not divorce). And how he feels like he abandoned his kids (they were 16 and 18). Sob, sob, lol...
    Yeah, it was interesting to say the least.
    But he's a WHOLE lot better than MIL, so I can't blame him for wanting to be as far away from her as possible, lol. The only thing DH is mad about is we only get to talk to him about twice every 3-4 years, because he won't keep a working phone number...
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 7:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010