Getting pregnant after being on the depo shot?

Me and my husband are trying to have another baby but im scared because I had been on the depo shot for about 1 1/2 years and I just stoped it on June 11, And I had started my period on June 29 and im still bleeding is that normal? Also what can i do to get prenant? Also any tricks on having a girl?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm having girl #4...apparently the trick is to have eggs that repel male sperm...lol.

As for the depo...It's normal to have wacky periods after stopping it. I had the same issue...went on one round of oral BCP and got pregnant the month after! I needed them to help regulate my cycle. I would speak to your OB/GYN about it. GL! I hope you're blessed with another baby soon!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it took me 18months after stopping the depo shot to get pregnant
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• After I stopped depo I didn't get another period until 5 months after my last shot. I only bled 2 days....Literally 2weeks later I got pregnant. :)

So after stopping depo everyone is different. I would say while you have stopped drink a lot of water, your body is going to want to cleanse itself of all of the hormonal components associated with depo before pregnancy. I even did a cleanse when I was done honestly. But it's just a hippy thing I am suggesting, it's not necessary.

Also don't be discouraged if you don't get preg right away like me, the average woman takes 18months to get pregnant after the depo shot, so it all depends on your body.

Tricks to having a girl...? If you go by the chinese calendar that could help. But remember the Chinese go by your actual date of birth as year one so add a year to your age and remember conception is usually 2weeks after a period...good luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• didn't have a period for a year after and it took 5 years to get prego, it depends on how long you were on. I was on for about 10 years.

they say its like 6 months for every year on it?
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010