Do you feel bad for people that stay with their spouse that cheated, when they get cheated on again?

Or do you think they should have left the first time and are fools for staying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel bad for them. And I can understand someone staying with their cheating spouse after the first time, but dealing with it all over again. There's no way I'd say after the second time. But I've never been in that situation, so I can't really say for sure that this is how I'd react to my husband cheating on me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I still feel bad for them but I do think that once it happens its time to leave because the trust is gone. I hear people say that they stayed together and made it through after someome cheated but I just dont see how you can look at that person the same way again.

I have been there and gave chance after chance, I was young and had this idea that if a person said they would change or not do it again they meant it. It taught me a lesson that i will carry with me forever and my DH knows if he were to ever cheat he might as well pack his bags on his way to do it because it would be over between us.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I feel bad for anyone in that situation. But I also kind of feel like they put theirselves in that situation by choosing to stay. Either way, shame on the person doing the cheating.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I can understand staying after the first time, I don't know that I would be as understanding/compassionate after the second time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with Scuba, I can see giving someone a second chance in that area, but if it happens again I would be gone.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have stayed after infidelity... so i don't know.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Some times it's harder if you have kids to leave. I was raised that they all do it sooner or later (cause they are just men)! I was not ready to throw away all the history and iron gets harder with fire! I did not act up over it cause it made him look worth fighting for! He came back when he was through and has kissed my butt for 20 years!!!! LOL!!!! If he were to do it again now at his age, i would say (Get it while you can)!!! It's just sex -NOT LOVE!!!! He knows where his heart is and i do too!!!!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 3:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• its just sex not love???? i dont care if it is just lust, if a man loves you he wouldnt disrespect you by cheating.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010