why do women stay with someone who has cheated on them

haditall

Asked by haditall at 3:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in

• Because they have ricks for brains? I have no idea. I wouldn't and my husband knows it. We have discussed many times that infidelity is a deal breaker.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That should say ROCKS for brains...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I dont know if it is this way for everyone but when it happened to me and keep in mind i was 17 and it was my high school BF and we were together for a total of 4 years, I thought we were going to get married, I had the ring and everything( yes young and dumb)

For me I thought he would change, i believed when he said he would not do it again, that it didnt mean anything. I was afraid to be alone, to move on and find someone else. I thought i was in love and that this was the only person i ever wanted to be with. I was in a word insecure.

Later what i found was i was in love with the idea of being in love and was so wrapped up in that relationship i didnt allow myself to grow as a person, without him i was no one or so i thought. I would end it and he would crawl back and i would take him back and one day i walked away for good. I am a different person now,.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Now as a mature woman I realize that some men are womanizers and will prey on the weak, if you are not confident and secure with who you are it is a open invitaion for a man to do as he pleases knowing you will always take him back. I love my DH and he knows how i feel about this, luckily he has been in my shoes too and isnt the cheating type. He understand as much as i love him if he ever broke that trust and disrespected me by sleeping with another woman, that I am woman enough to make it on my own without him.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Some men do change...but that is rare and every woman is hoping that their man changes for them. So they stay.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I guess women stay with cheating husbands for love, security, the kids, money, no where else to go It's a sad situation any way you look at it.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A female friend of mine cheated. She and her husband were having a rough time and she gave into temptation. She felt guilty about it and told her husband. It was an eye opener for both of them, letting them know exactly how much their marriage was in trouble. The both decided that they wanted to fight for their marriage. They are in counseling now. It's rough going, but my friend truly regrets her mistake.
    A man might cheat for the same reason. I'm glad her man is giving her another chance.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i dont have rocks for brains myself... but hey.. thanks! i took my husband back been together 10 yrs he cheated on me when we were 18.. we are 27 now and no issues, hell he was even crying that he did it, i mean we split for a lil while but got back together worked it out, so sometimes ppl do make mistakes and we move on, not all of us have rocks for heads for it! now if it was done again...byebye!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have no idea?
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010