Wisdom tooth?!?! O.O

So, I have this wisdom tooth coming out.. surprisingly it does not hurt. But, I am a bit worried about it. It feels like it is coming out to much on the side and scared of it rubbing the side of my mouth raw.. also, it feels like it is too close to the other tooth in front of it. I always have to check to see the progress bc it is coming out so slowly and painless. Should I go get it pulled?? Yikes! I am sooo scared of that. I watched my ex husband get it done and it terrified me!! If you had yours done, what was it like and can you get something to make you not care?? I really dont want this to mess my teeth alignment up!

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• I took my out before they even reached the surface, still in my jaw, because my alignment was going to be screwed. I got put to sleep for it cause I'm a wuss. My SO got one pulled and he stayed awake, but the chizzle each tooth in half or quarters to remove the whole thing. So I advice the anesthesia.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had to have mine cut out and they did put me to sleep! I dreamed crazy dreams and woke up in the middle of it thinking he was pulling the wrong teeth!! They had to get my husband cause i was cussing him out and they finished and i remember going out the door cussing him and being sooooo mad!!!! I went back later and aplojized to him and all the workers there. I might suggest you are in a good mood before you go and take an MP3 player!!!!! LOL!!! I later had to go back (to another dentist to have some tooth fragments removed) that he left in, so be a good girl and git-r-done!!!! Over and done!!!!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 4:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have to get mine removed, they are laying sideways in my mouth and pushing on my back molars. I went in to get them removed in april but i wasn't out when he injected me with the novicane (sp??) I had an anxiety attack, i dont remember it and either i thought i grabbed at his arm or i really did (i dont know) and so they stopped it and told me they need to put me completely out in the hospital to get them out....now i am fighting with my insurance company (tricare) about them paying for the anesthesia, so i haven't gotten them out yet...but i wish this process would hurry the hell up because it's painful with the pushing on my molars. I would get them removed if i were you, it would hurt for a couple days but i have heard getting them out was the best thing. Good luck!
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Melissa Anne try to get a referral to an oral surgeon who has an anesthesiologist. It will still cost a couple hundred, pending your insurance coverage. But thats what I did.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would want to get it taken out. Go to a dentist for his recommendation but I would think if it is bothersome, get it done! Good luck :)
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i had all of mine removed at the same time. it never hurt. i never even took an advil, let alone fill my prescription .
    you never know, maybe you won't need it pulled, especially if there is no pain with it coming in. a dentist will have that answer for you though!
    good luck!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• MIne took forever to come in, but they eventually started hurting really bad so I went and got them pulled. They put me to sleep so I didn't fell a thing it was great! It didn't bother me much after either! My dentist told me there is no point in keeping them and they may eventually hurt you so you may want to look into taking them out!
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If it is already coming out on it's own, I would think it'd be simple and quick for a dentist to pull it.

None of my 4 were loose at all, and I went to the dentist to remove them as they are starting to get cavities, and he just numbed my gums w/ local anesthesia and yanked them right out. No pain. I just almost accidentally swallowed one because I was numb. Afterword I tried to go to work, but they sent me home because my mouth was bleeding, so I had the afternoon off. = )

But really, since your tooth is already loose, I would go to the dentist to ask him/her to pull it.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Get your dentist's opinion. One of my wisdom teeth came in about 15 years ago and I still have it. It hasn't caused me any problems. I had two cut out because they were impacted and causing me problems. I was knocked completely out when I had the surgery, and I was miserable for a week after the surgery. I was on prescription pain pills and didn't feel like eating or drinking anything for several days. And, I had a lovely bruise on my cheek.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• As a former dental assistant I would suggest you call your dentist and have him examine the tooth (he will probably take an xray as well), and then see what he thinks should be done. Some dentists will do extractions in their office with just a local injection, and some refer to oral surgeons. If you get a referral to an OS they usually do a consult visit first. If you do have the tooth removed be sure to follow all the after care instructions. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010