When did you start feeling achy and very tired after becoming pregnant?

I am a little over 4 weeks and I woke up today with no motivation what so ever. I feel as though I have the flu but I am not running a fever. Is there any suggestions to make this easier considering I have to work all day!?

egurl85

Asked by egurl85 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When the sperm said hello to my egg and stopped in for a 9 month visit is when I began to feel tired and achy,lol.
    It is hard when you have to go to work and your getting all the fun pregnancy side effects. You can try to wake yourself up slower. When you wake up in bed, lay there for 10 extra minutes to get your body adjusted to being awake. Take a morning rejuvuniating shower using a good strong smelling soap/shampoo. Eat fruits and bagels or other breads in the morning rather than something heavy that will just sit in your belly like a rock. Do some arm and leg stretches. Let the sun shine in your windows. Drink a cup of coffee if you need to or even a cup of hot green or chamomile tea.
    Take your breaks at work outside.Take a quick nap on lunch if you can.Bring some salitine crackers to work with you for when you start feeling queasy.
    Good luck and hope it passes quickly!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My experience w/ the first trimester tiredness was different w/ each of my 3 pregnancies. Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions for getting you through work today other than telling you to just hang in there and keep going!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It was different with every pregnancy. With my 3rd I was beyond exhausted. My eyes would not stay open. It was terrible and I don't think I would have been able to work.

Anyway, for you, have little things to snack on throughout the day (every 2 hours) to help with your energy. Go to bed EARLY each night. Drink plenty of water. Get up and walk if you have a job that keeps you sitting. If you are able to snack during the day, maybe try and take a short nap on your lunch break. Usually the first and 3rd trimester are the worst with being tired, so hang in there and hopefully it will pass.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes. That was the story of my life for like the first 4 months.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Right away
    Tash438

Answer by Tash438 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I found out when I was 6 wks pregnant. And I had been feeling exhausted for about a week or two before that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• haha yeah!! this started like right around the time i got my positive test! LOL im on baby #2- so im also chasing around a toddler. im 7 weeks now and i feel very sluggish and dont wanna get out or do anything. also, i will nap then be able to sleep at night.
    jesi817

Answer by jesi817 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• im not sure though- what to tell you... i guess you can take a b vitamin - that may help...
    jesi817