still got pregnancy symptoms after miscarriage. what could be going on?

Earlier this week i had a miscarriage.. i had the cramps, blood and lots and lots of small bloodclots. probably about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of blood clots total.

but i'm still at times irritable, nauseated, hot floshes and have sore breasts. I'm figuring my hormones may still be all jacked up. because even my morning coffee is still making me sick.

oh yeah i'm also still nursing, so i don't know if that has a affect with me still feeling like i did before the miscarriage or not.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 9:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• It will take a little while for your body to get rid of all the pregnancy hormones, how long it takes depends on how far along you were. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Your hormones are still re-adjusting. Either that or there is still pieces of the placenta still entact. Follow up with your OB/GYN to make sure everything came out ok.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i 100% agree with the pp poster and would like to add when i had a miscarriage my symptoms continued for a long time. it takes a while for you body to get back to normal. and also when i had mine i had to have a D&C to clean the remains out. then when the hcg lvls remained they had to use a low lvl chemo to flush my tubes out as well. i wish you the best and i am sorry for your loss. keep your dr up to date on everything and the more they know and can clean out the better chance you have of going on to have a healthy pregnancy in the future.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Your hormones are adjusting. You went from being pregnant with all those fun pregnant hormones & now your body has to re-adjust to all of a sudden, not being pregnant. It's very normal. Your hormones are going nuts right now. I'm so sorry for your miscarriage ;~(
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Your body is still "Coming down" from the pregnancy hormones. Your HCG levels take a while to come down, which means you'll continue to have symptoms until they're down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with the others, it takes a while for the HCG levels to come down and your body to adjust.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. Answers would vary by many factors. I'm sorry you had a miscarriage. I had 3 when I was younger. One of them, the doctor told me I would be okay without a D&C and I bled heavily for over 20 days. I ended up having to have a D&C and blood transfusion. The fact you are breastfeeding can also factor in to your symptoms.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010