Can laying on your belly when pregnant hurt the baby?

I'm due in a month and I can never get comfortable at night, I wake up on my stomach and dh gets really mad at me because he says it will hurt the baby. Is this true?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know but i was never able to..

Answer by stacy1403 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't think so - but I was never able to. I was way too big!

Answer by Katt709 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• How in the world do you do that? hehe I cant imagine even being able to get that far over :) I'm not sure if it will hurt the baby, have you tried one of the body pillows? thats the only way i could get comfy the last few months.

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• im due in 11 days and i also been waking up on my belly or back and shes been fine and is fine so far so i dont think it would just not for to long i would think

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes. It puts pressure on the uterus and the baby. That's why they tell you not to sleep on your stomach after about three months.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not at all

Answer by Tash438 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i would think there is SO MUCH padding in there that it wouldnt hurt the baby... but im only guessing.

Answer by jesi817 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't think you can, with my first I slept on my stomach until I was around 7 months. So far with this one I am 6 months and it's getting harder to do so lol.

Answer by cynprz at 10:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Nope. I slept on my stomach until i was in my 7th month. I was perfectly comfy and the doc said my body wouldnt be comfortable if i was hurting him :)

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it's suggested you don't because it can hurt you more than the baby. With laying on the back the baby presses on the nerves causing more back pain and more pain in your legs. I think sleeping on your belly this far is not too harmful unless you have a lot of braxton hicks contractions.

Answer by kaydee8 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010