Hezbollah & Hamas just more reason to secure the U.S./Mexican border?

A Hezbollah terror cell may be operating among drug cartels around the U.S.-Mexican border

www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Hezbollah-US-Mexico-Border/2010/07/06/id/363858

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think all the borders should be secured. ALL of them. I find the ease with which people can scuttle into our country when they have no legal right to be here is disgusting. Any other country, you have to work hard to get into. Not here. I think any reason which gets the govt off its collective butt and forces it to protect our borders is a good one. This is one case where I will say that nearly any means justifies the end if it results in secure borders for us.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They are already saying there is a group of terrorists in South TX who have come over the Mexican border. I'm sure they are not telling us everything either. It's scary. For Petes sake, if we open our borders like Obama wants it would be stupid of the terrorists to NOT try and come through that way. Closing our borders IS a mandatory action needed and I say BEFORE we have a comprehensive law
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Considering how relatively easy it is to cross the border and bring in drugs and do human trafficking, it would be relatively simple for terrorists to enter our country that way. They would bypass no-fly lists, physical searches, metal detectors, and video recordings of their every move.

I've always wondered why people are fine with the excessive security in airports, but hardly pay attention to border security. SUVs full of explosives could be easily driven across the border and aimed at San Diego, Tuscon, Houston, or other populous cities.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• oh, good. I was beginning to think terrorism was so 2001.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL...lovin!!

Sad, isn't it....that SO MANY people have forgotten about 9/11 or the "almost successful terror attacks" from just a few months ago?! They would rather focus on pointing fingers at anyone except those who are REALLY responsible.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is rather frightening. We spend millions every year to stop a terrorist from getting on a plane.

It's the equivalent of locking your front door to stop burglers while leaving your back door wide open. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• What about Canada?? You think there are cells hidden there also? What are we doing concerning that border?
    What was all that talk about Canada and Mexico merging with America and becoming North America Union?

Things that make me go hmmmm!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's only a matter of time.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• lol lovin unfortunately not

mancos for sure..scary isn't it?
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Your right The Canadian border too..all should be more secured
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010